Issues with step command

Morning everyone.
I am trying to follow these instructions: Automatically Rotating Webhook TLS Credentials | Linkerd

I am at the part were you use “step” to create signing key pairs and save them as secrets. I installed tried installing step via 'sudo apt install step" and “brew install step” but step wont run on my computer. I get the following error. Failed to load module “appmenu-gtk-module” step: symbol lookup error: /snap/core20/current/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0: undefined symbol: __libc_pthread_init, version GLIBC_PRIVATE

I have checked and I do have appmenu-gtk2-module and appmenu-gtk3-module at the newest version (0.7.6-2).

Is there another tool I can use to create these signing key pairs? Should these instructions be updated? Any help would be great. I am just trying to get this installed on our dev cluster.

I think I’d start by doublechecking the step installation guide to make sure you have the right package (for example, it looks like many of the Linuxes use step-cli as the package name, rather than just step). Looks like you can also just grab Linux binaries too.

There are other tools, but step is definitely the friendliest, so it’s worth getting it installed.